Senior Software QA Automation Engineer- (Alpharetta, GA)
Tripwire delivers advanced threat protection, security and compliance solutions, enabling enterprises, government agencies and service providers to confidently detect, prevent and respond to cybersecurity threats to their business. We have development sites in Alpharetta, GA and Portland, Oregon (HQ). Tripwire is a leader in government, energy, financial services, retail, manufacturing, education and entertainment. Almost all executive branch agencies of the U.S. federal government and half the Fortune 500 turn to Tripwire for their IT security and compliance needs. With thousands of customers in nearly 100 countries, there’s a reason organizations turn to Tripwire.
This position requires hands-on coding ability, a background in QA and the ability to influence within and across teams. We hire for talent, drive and interpersonal fit, but specific experience and skills matter too. Ideal candidates will have the following background:
- You have designed and implement automated test frameworks using Test Driven Development (TDD) with Ruby, RSpec and Cucumber
- You work in the Quality Assurance function on a software product team
- You’ve helped deliver automated tests for a scalable platform product
- You have knowledge/interest in the field of security
- You have worked in an Agile/Scrum team environment
Your application will receive more consideration if you include a cover letter that specifically addresses how your background matches the bullets above. You don’t need to be an ideal candidate to be considered.
Successful candidates will demonstrate clear thought processes and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences. You should thrive in a collaborative environment, advocate directly and politely for ideas, and speak up in support of your team. You should be a creative problem-solver, providing thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ruby and Python. You must be strong with at least one, or a related high level language.
- Comfortable targeting a broad range of operating systems. Our products run on Linux, Windows, OS X and multiple Unix.
- Design and debug tests that measure performance and functionality under scale and load.
- Ideally, you will be capable with SQL and relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL…)
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years quality assurance experience.
- Must be able to successfully work in teams that span disciplines and geographies.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Evangelize and implement best QA and Development practices.
- Design, author and execute automated and manual test procedures to ensure timely defect discovery.
- Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the agile team. Contribute to testing, documenting, supporting build systems, interacting with stakeholders, etc.
- Collaborate across teams and with product teams consuming the platform to ensure appropriate test planning and coverage is achieved.
- Participate in agile activities like planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and reviews.
- Partner with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and User Experience Designers to turn high-level goals into actionable stories and designs
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of experience. Typically a university degree is required, or a combination of education and experience.
Back to top