Senior Software Engineer
Tripwire delivers advanced threat protection, security and compliance solutions, enabling enterprises, government agencies and service providers to confidently detect, prevent and respond to cybersecurity threats to their business.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Tripwire’s customer base extends into vertical industries including government, energy, financial services, retail, manufacturing, education and entertainment. Almost all executive branch agencies of the U.S. federal government and half the Fortune 500 turn to Tripwire for their IT security and compliance needs. With thousands of customers in nearly 100 countries, there’s a reason why organizations turn to Tripwire.
This position is a hands-on contributor role requiring deep technical expertise, working as part of a small team building innovative new security products in Tripwire’s Office of the CTO. The ideal candidate will work with our internal team, product managers, customers, and partners to understand the security challenges facing Tripwire’s customers in public cloud environments, researching and coming up with new ways to integrate products together, and build solutions to address those needs.
We are most interested in talent and drive, but specific experience and skills matter too. Ideal candidates will have backgrounds like this:
- Significant commercial software development expertise
- Extensive knowledge and experience in using Python
- Familiarity with building applications using modern cloud architectures and leveraging public cloud services a big plus
- Keeps up-to-date on the ever-evolving security landscape and understands some of the unique security challenges associated with cloud architectures
- Candidates with a broad range of experience will be considered and the seniority of the position will be commensurate with that experience.
- As a successful candidate, you will demonstrate clear thought processes and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences. You should thrive in a collaborative environment. You should be a creative problem-solver, providing thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Development will be primarily in Python, with some C. You must be very strong in one of these languages.
- You must be comfortable targeting a broad range of operating systems. The primary development platform will be on Linux.
- Ideally, you will be proficient with SQL, database design and designing data structures that perform well under scale and load.
- Experience building applications utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud application services a big plus.
- A deep understanding of vulnerabilities, exploits, and the latest attack vectors as well as techniques that can be used to mitigate and/or detect threats especially in cloud-based environments is a big plus.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Must be effective working in less structured, smaller team environments, taking responsibility for helping define requirements and rapidly prototype ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 3 years software development experience to be considered for a software engineer position – senior software engineer positions for similar role available for those with 9+ years experience.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the team, primarily focused on software development implementing new security research ideas.
- Contribute to testing, documenting, supporting build systems, interacting with stakeholders, etc. as needed on a small team.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
Meet Some of Tripwire's Employees
Mitch collaborates with R&D Teams and product architects to create new technical designs and strategies to arm customers with the strongest cyber defense systems.
Back to top