Senior Account Manager Federal - Civilian
The Sr Account Manager Federal Sales will be responsible for driving strategic sales initiatives by working with the Civilian segment of the Federal business. This includes developing and executing on a sales strategy as well as identifying, qualifying, and capturing new business in support of Tripwire’s Federal business objectives. The Regional Account Manager Federal Sales will also be responsible for developing channel partners and programs to help market, educate and sell Tripwire’s suite of products/services via federal system integrators and resellers.
- Achieve Revenue targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- Maximize sales into assigned territory, working with Mid-Enterprise Sales when appropriate
- Ensuring consistent sales and pipeline growth within the Federal sector.
- Engage directly with the assigned agencies to foster solid relationships to promote the development of new programs and market opportunities
- Create strategic alliances with Federal System Integrators and Channel Partners in the Federal space to present compelling solutions to customer business issues
- Forecast the business accurately
- Develop strategic account plans on deals $100k or larger
- Maintain the integrity of Salesforce.com
- Work with Marketing and PR to build a rich set of programs for business development, including content for sales presentations, tradeshows, and media coverage
- Be a trusted resource and counsel to management team, HQs marketing and R & D teams, providing important input on customer needs
- Act as mentor to Inside Sales Representative and work side-by-side pre-sales technical support
- Regular face-to-face appointments a week with customers and prospects.
- Proactively creating and developing a plan to close large transactions of $500k or greater
- A significant amount of travel is required
- 10+ years of successful direct sales experience selling to Federal government DOD/ customers ideally with DOE and DOI.
- Experience leveraging a solution-based sales approach to include sales of professional services
- Proven record of exceeding a direct sales quota
- In-depth knowledge of relevant software domain space (IT security, compliance)
- College degree required. Masters in Business ideal.
- Experience working with Federal System Integrators and Channel partners
- Knowledge of Federal contracting and buying processes
- Knowledge of Federal regulatory requirements & mandates (FISMA, SCAP, DIACAP, FIPS, Common Criteria, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Typically requires 9+ years of experience. Typically a university degree is required, or a combination of education and experience.
Back to top