SaaS Ops Lead Engineer
This role involves leading, managing and maintaining infrastructure and the services that run on SaaS based cloud platforms at Tripwire. The SaaSOps Lead Engineer is responsible for collaboration with R&D on production architecture, implementing and maintaining SLA’s including monitoring, change management, system administration, break/fix troubleshooting, network monitoring and periodic health checks. While primarily focused on system administration, the position will also be responsible for other leadership tasks and longer-term project deliverables and management.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Driving the production architecture and management for SaaS based cloud platforms
- Research and evaluate new technologies and take a lead role in the recommendation and implementation of both existing and new application software.
- Develop and drive configuration management and orchestration in the environment
- Responsible for prototype testing, system enhancements, and system documentation.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and software in a heterogeneous environment consisting of physical and virtual workstations (Windows and Unix), servers, storage, and network.
- Administration, backups, security, troubleshooting and development of servers.
- Diagnoses and remedies computing system failures, both hardware and software.
- Issue escalation handling and problem diagnosis inclusive of monitoring systems review; log gathering and other analysis steps on production systems.
- Build/design/deploy new servers.
- Implementing security into the infrastructure.
- Coordinate resource usage to facilitate process efficiency and project management.
- Provide consultation and guidance regarding the planning of future server additions and modifications.
- Strict adherence to security requirements.
- SOC2 audit compliance and reporting assistance.
- Assist with policy and procedure enforcement and reporting.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the infrastructure.
- Being on-call and providing after hours response.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Works in collaboration with R&D engineering team to solve environmental issues, including performance issues.
- Infrastructure support to the company’s cloud product suite that includes managing Windows and Unix systems remotely hosted and Internet facing.
- Overseeing network server technologies.
Working independently and as part of a team, the SassOps Lead Engineer leads and owns the production architecture, SLA, and change management of the SaaS based components at Tripwire. This individual also resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to develop solutions in a creative manner. Interacts with employees at all levels of the organization and takes personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives. Authority to act within defined policies within the area of expertise/knowledge as directed. Effectively communicates research findings to the organization and develops plans for implementation. Determines necessary resources required and develops goals and metrics for function.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant combined experience as an IS professional in a corporate environment as outlined below:
- 5+ years of experience managing software and hardware in an IT department.
- 4+ years experience as a Unix systems administrator. CentOS/RHEL preferred.
- 4+ years as an IT systems administrator with focus on either Windows or Unix
- 2+ years experience with Apache webserver in a production environment
- 3+ years coding and/or scripting experience needed for task automation. Python or BASH preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in a full lifecycle of administrative tasks such as building a server, administration, configuration, and rollout.
- Experience with programing languages as well as the ability to read and write script for task automation preferred.
- Proven experience with software and security as well as hardware standardization including development of documentation.
- Must have working knowledge and ability to properly secure applications and operating systems in a production environment.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP based networking.
- Hands on experience with networking concepts: switching, routing, VPN.
- Proficiency with Cisco firewalls, routers, switches preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, presentations, and systems analysis skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work proficiently with little daily guidance.
- Experience working in small companies that take an enterprise level approach to IT.
Highly desirable skills or qualifications:
- SSCP, GSEC or similar security certification.
- VMware, CCNA or better technical certification.
- Experience with relational databases in a production environment. PostgreSQL preferred.
- Ruby, Python, Django
- Orchestration/Configuration Management Tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
- Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
- Mature skills and approach when working with production systems.
Back to top