Responsible for the products’ strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering, analyzing and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, and working closely with the agile-based engineering teams, sales, marketing, and customer support to ensure customer value and satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Working with cross-functional teams to produce tactical and strategic plans for product development
- Participate and lead product planning and execution throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize product and customer requirements as well as understanding the competitive landscape.
- Have proven experience in a successful product that is part of a larger portfolio of products
- Work with other departments to ensure effective launch and sales of products and product versions through all sales channels.
- Active participation in the product strategy and roadmap for the company’s product portfolio
- Define and document product requirements; Track customer usage and requirements to ensure and identify opportunities for success
- Conduct competitive, product strength and weakness analysis
- Define and drive product positioning and value proposition
- Lead efforts to train and transfer knowledge throughout the organization
- Well versed in management reports, researching market conditions, and trends in the industry
- Track and report on product line financials
- All other duties as assigned.
Working independently, resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to devise innovative approaches to problems; encourages others to brainstorm new ways to approach challenges. Interacts with employees at all levels of the organization and takes personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives. Authority to act within defined policies within the area of expertise/knowledge as directed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- At least 5 years of product management experience preferred
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field highly preferred
- Must have working knowledge of vulnerability management or IT security market.
- Experience in managing products within a portfolio is a plus
- Knowledge of open-source, FreeBSD and Linux are desirable
- Experience with a structured product management methodology
- Ability to travel (approximately 50%) required
- Must be able to multi-task and effectively manage deadlines
- Must have great attention to detail, highly organized with a focus on quality work
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work with G2000 customers, partners and channels
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be adept at communicating complex subject matter to broad audiences
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Ability to create innovation solutions for the enterprise risk and vulnerability management market.
Back to top