Director Sales - Southeast
Since Tripwire’s founding in 1997, the company’s vision and commitment to enabling its customers to confidently detect, prevent and respond to the rapidly evolving threat landscape remains unchanged.
Built on a foundation of innovation and deep security expertise, Tripwire now stands as a leading global provider of advanced threat, security and compliance solutions, arming enterprises with the right tools to address their most pressing cybersecurity challenges. The company’s award-winning product portfolio includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log intelligence, and reporting and analytics.
The Director Sales - Southeast for Tripwire will be based in the Southeast U.S. and assume responsibility for leading the regional Tripwire sales team. Reporting to our VP of Sales for the Americas, the Regional Director of Sales will lead, drive, manage, coach and develop an existing team of Field Enterprise Account Executives in FL, GA, NC, TX and other states.
This is a great opportunity to use and build on your experience as an inspirational sales executive with a track record of successfully leading field sales teams for enterprise software businesses. We seek that unique combination of seasoned enterprise software sales executive, fluent written & verbal communicator, enterprise sales driver & comfort with supporting large, complex enterprise clients and partners. Most importantly, you will possess a track record of driving 20-30% growth for similar enterprise software businesses.
As the Regional Director, you will play an integral part in the development of Tripwire’s sales-growth strategy, annual sales & marketing plan, and strategic business plan in order to meet/exceed annual sales targets. We expect our Regional Manager of Sales to drive a disciplined and trans formative solution-selling process including opportunity management and key account planning.
We also expect our Regional Director of Sales to lead the effort on large enterprise relationship management by interfacing with key executives within large enterprise customers and focus on driving large transactions of $500k+.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Management/leadership/growth/development of a distributed field sales team
- A proven track record of quota over-achievement on a large-territory/revenue platform
- Successfully create and drive an active talent pipeline and succession plan.
- Drive consistency in interviewing and talent assessment
- Actively coaching the sales team, including regular one-on-ones, performance management, individual development and group training
- Works closely with marketing, sales enablement, and field sales to understand and implement product sales initiatives and lead generation strategies
- Experience building and executing a field enterprise software sales strategy covering half of the United States
- Effectively leverage channel partners to meet or exceed goals
- Drive field sales and customer requirements into Marketing, Operations and Product Management
Working independently, resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to develop solutions in a creative manner. Interacts with employees at all levels internal and external to the organization and takes personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives. A significant amount of travel may be required.
Direct leadership and coaching of a regional team of Sales professionals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience growing an enterprise software sales organization/territory and be able to double sales revenue over a two-to-three year period
- Minimum of 12 years related business software experience, ideally within the security space.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive team-selling software environment
- Must have managed a minimum $15M sales team (minimum) and been the leadership catalyst for expansive revenue growth across a territory
- Easily demonstrable track record of over achievement
- Must reside in territory
5+ years of management/leadership experience in addition to industry and/or area of expertise within the high tech, software or security space.
An experienced mature leader who possesses a breadth of situational sales experiences to easily draw from.
Someone who is adaptive to change and a natural problem solver.
Back to top