Agility Leader/Scrum Master (Alpharetta, GA)
The Agility Leader is accountable for Scrum ceremonies and practices that shepherd Tripwire software epics from grooming to market. This key role will facilitate both Alpharetta and offshore (Latin American time zone) project teams through the Scrum process of release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, product demonstrations and retrospectives. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely regarding deadlines, project plans and status is essential. This individual will be part of an empowered, self-organizing, and self-accountable team that is responsible for delivery of successful scope, quality and predictability outcomes each sprint.
As a member Tripwire’s distinct Agility Team, an Agility Leader will also drive Tripwire leaders to better Agility compatibility and outcomes. We are the center of continuous process improvement at Tripwire.
This position is to be located in Alpharetta, GA. Relocation packages are not available for this position.
A successful candidate will:
- Facilitate cross-functional engineering teams in the delivery and implementation of new products or upgrades to existing products. There is an on-front expectation that this accountability can span up to two distinct Scrum teams.
- Coordinate and facilitate daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning, release planning and sprint retrospectives for up to two cross-functional Scrum teams.
- Train and coach Scrum team members on Agile competencies.
- Represent Agile competencies and LEAN principals as contributing member of a product release team.
- Coordinate dependencies to other Tripwire Scrum teams.
- Develop detailed schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports, conduct project meetings and ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Facilitate, monitor and track the team’s progress toward goals.
- Maintain multiple-sprint release plans, release trajectory and release burndown based on capacity and velocity predictions.
- Facilitates cross-team, program wide rituals, like release planning or program retrospectives.
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams increase efficiency to maximize capacity, promote predictability and assure software and process quality.
- Establish team working agreements, help resolve impediments, facilitate productivity, and increase the probability of success in each sprint.
- Provide visibility of team status and issues to senior management.
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity, innovation and commitment to objectives.
- BS Degree or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience with a software development team.
- Three years’ scrum master experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Scrum (CSM), CSP or ACP preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude for adopting Agility to globally distributed teams.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices
- Thorough understanding of SDLC.
- Demonstrated aptitude to develop, define and execute multiple-sprint release plans.
- Demonstrated accountability for continuous improvement.
- Excellent team player and team builder.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing collaborative decision making.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of VersionOne or a compatible Agility information system standard is desired.
Back to top