Technical Support Engineering Manager
TripleLift is seeking a Technical Support Engineer Manager to manage and contribute to our technical support engineering operations. This candidate will lead a group of engineers who are focused on ensuring that external clients are incredibly satisfied with TL platform and internal stakeholders are properly leveraged to execute. This candidate will sit in the middle of the TL organization serving as the common connection among all groups at TL.
Technical Support Engineer Manager
The Technical Support Engineering Manager will be a player-coach who will be leading the group as well as participating in key initiatives. Responsibilities include setting group priorities, identifying and collaborating on cross-functional opportunities, working with senior leadership on strategic opportunities, developing talent, recruiting, etc. The candidate has demonstrated experience and a strong passion for leading teams and coaching individuals in a technical and client services capacity.
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's site or app. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
- Lead, manage, coach a global team of hybrid engineer + client service aces;
- Prioritize group activities according to internal needs and company goals;
- Provide platform support to internal stakeholders;
- Understand the technical and commercial “flows” to motivate platform improvements and debugging;
- Manage customer support cases, which includes verifying cases, analyzing data, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible;
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams in identifying, reporting and resolving product issues;
- Create and maintain internal tools that empower stakeholders to execute faster and answer their own questions
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams or technical client services teams;
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues;
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand;
- Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, numpy, R, etc;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments -- collaboratively or autonomously;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Studies in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or technical field.
- Studies in advertising, communications, marketing, or other disciplines with demonstrated technical exposure
Minimum of 4 years of work experience in customer support, technical solutions, engineering, or other technical position.
1 - 2 years in senior mentorship / lead / manager position.
New York, NY
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies (Inc. 2017, #163)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
See Inside the Office of TripleLift
At TripleLift, they're passionate about revolutionizing the way brands advertise online. TripleLift is an ad tech company that builds cutting-edge products -- their innovative native ad products allows clients to target consumers using imagery alongside contextually relevant content. TripleLift is building products that give publishers a more meaningful presence and consumers a better ad experience.
Back to top