Senior Staff Accountant
- Manhattan, NY
The TripleLift Finance team is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant. This person is analytical, a natural problem solver, and works well under pressure. In this role, you will continue to develop your technical GAAP accounting skills while helping the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This role is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in managing the day-to-day accounting activities of a fast-pace, ever-changing, ad tech company.
TripleLift is the industry leader in offering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology to seamlessly automate and flawlessly execute native advertising anywhere audiences engage with content. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to transform visual content into native ads, all while maintaining the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website or app. Our native inventory is accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange. TripleLift’s trailblazing technology is only as good as its creators; each team takes ownership for its contributions, and is valued for their unique effect on the overall vision of TripleLift. By pursuing leadership in native programmatic, TripleLift is simultaneously helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, and winning the internet. TripleLift is disrupting the internet through non-interruptive native advertising, and making it simple, scalable, and effective.
- Ownership of the month end close process. Everything from bank reconciliations, to general ledger maintenance, to revenue recognition.
- Responsible for maintenance of complex Excel schedules such as prepaids, fixed assets, and deferred revenue. Must reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and independently resolve any reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Assist in the monthly “Advertiser Spend” revenue recognition process and “Publisher Revenue Share” COGS recognition process.
- Contribute to the set up and tracking of new revenue streams and initiatives.
- Verify discrepancies if client billing issues arise and resolve timely.
- Assist in cash management; including managing the A/R collection activities.
- Ensure proper coding of vendor bills to support year end 1099 issuance and issue 1099s timely to all vendors on an annual basis.
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger.
- Assist with preparation of bank and investor financial reporting.
- Assist with annual external audit and various tax regulatory examinations. Prepare assigned schedules and gather supporting documentation.
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve daily accounting processes.
- Support various ad hoc projects and analysis for management, including account analysis, forecasts, and budgets.
Who you are
- A self-starter- you are proactive and analytical, with the ability to work with a sense of urgency with minimal supervision/training.
- A perfectionist- you are highly detailed oriented and organized, with the ability to multi-task several projects on short deadlines.
- Have an entrepreneurial approach- you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and open environment.
- Have superior reasoning ability- Ability to understand transaction process flows. Ability to reconcile reports, transactions and data generated from dissimilar systems.
- An excellent financial communicator- you have a proven ability to present and convey financial information effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of fundamental US GAAP.
- Proven ability to work with Excel. Including working experience using formulas such as SUMIFS, INDEX/MATCH, IF, OR, IFERROR, pivot tables.
- Major plus if you have experience with various system applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Sheets, Intacct, Bill.com, Tallie, and Expensify.
5+ years of full-time solid, progressive accounting experience.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
- 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies (Inc. 2017, #163)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
Back to top