Data Scientist, Analytics
We're looking for a highly entrepreneurial Data Scientist to incubate our Analytics function focused on maximizing platform liquidity by formulating marketplace practices that strengthen the mutuality of interest between buyers and sellers on the company’s exchange.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with big data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a marketplace-based business. This position is based full time in our New York, NY office and will initially report into our Co-founder & President.
TripleLift is the only consumer-focused, digital advertising technology company to seamlessly automate and flawlessly execute native advertising everywhere audiences engage with content.
Leveraging our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's site or app. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device. Simply stated, TripleLift is making native advertising simple, scalable, and effective.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how and why our customers buy and sell media on our platform
- Partner with commercial and technical teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute key platform decisions and launches
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding ecosystems, customer behaviors, and trends
- Defining, evaluating, and monitoring key platform metrics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Building models of customer behaviors for analysis
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to platform teams
- Influencing platform teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Spreading best practices to platform teams
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Proficiency in SQL and scripting languages (e.g, PHP, Python, Perl, etc)
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with platform and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the platform
- Understanding of statistics (e.g, hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (e.g, R, SAS) or other methods
- Experience automating analyses and authoring pipelines using analytics frameworks such as Databricks
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies (Inc. 2017, #163)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
See Inside the Office of TripleLift
At TripleLift, they're passionate about revolutionizing the way brands advertise online. TripleLift is an ad tech company that builds cutting-edge products -- their innovative native ad products allows clients to target consumers using imagery alongside contextually relevant content. TripleLift is building products that give publishers a more meaningful presence and consumers a better ad experience.
Back to top