Data Science Intern (Summer)
TripleLift is seeking a data science intern to join our team over the summer. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a data science intern, you will primarily be responsible for helping our data science team build tools on top of our dataset to monitor optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns. As an engineering team, we are highly collaborative and focused on code quality, learning, and extensibility.
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's site or app. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The data science team primarily uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Spark for our machine learning and data jobs
- Python and R for various scripts
- Redshift and MySQL as our structured data stores
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything going
- Help our data science team gather, clean, and analyze our data
- Independently contribute to our data science by owning data research projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with other TripleLift teams to deliver new products and ensure the success of our customers’ campaigns
- Required to commit 35-40 hours a week
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who are pursuing other degrees will be considered.
1-4 years of academic coursework or experience working on large independent or group projects.
Available to work 35-40 hours a week on-site
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- #37 on Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2016)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- #25 on Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.
See Inside the Office of TripleLift
TripleLift is a company looking to revolutionize how brands advertise online. With its innovative native advertising products, clients are able to forgo traditional website banner advertisements for big, beautiful imagery alongside contextually relevant content to tell their branded stories. With TripleLift, companies can build advertisements for the visual web—giving publishers a more meaningful presence and consumers a better ad experience
Back to top