Head of Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
Triplebyte is transforming the way software engineers are hired. Our mission is to make the tech industry more just by fixing hiring for engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. Over 200,000 engineers have joined Triplebyte to showcase their tech skills and hear from top companies.
Our subscription service is used by hundreds of startups as well as industry leaders including Apple, Facebook, and American Express to identify and source talented engineering.
We raised a Series B of $35 million, underscoring the demand for our services and the opportunity to grow the business further. You can read more about our company and hear from our founders in the press here:
About the Role
Building our brand with both sides of our marketplace is critical to our success. Thus far, a large portion of Triplebyte’s happy users have come through word of mouth. We need an experienced Marketing Executive to take us to the next stage. This marketing leader will use their expertise to guide our team in how to tell the Triplebyte story, roll up their sleeves and create a demand gen machine, and ultimately build out our marketing function.
- Be Triplebyte’s expert on how we tell our story. Guide our Go-to-Market, Growth and Product teams in an effort to crystallize our value proposition for both candidates and customers.
- Manage brand building across all of our products and markets (both recruiting & engineering)
- Run and evaluate experiments to build a demand generation engine. Stay scrappy, keep experiment velocity high, and take an analytical approach.
- Provide expertise to our sales team as we optimize the go-top-market playbook.
- Operate as a hands-on member of the executive team, initially rolling up your sleeves as an individual contributor while building our marketing function.
- Deep product & brand marketing experience. We’re looking for someone that has successfully partnered with product and sales teams to develop a go-to-market playbook, and can help us develop the Triplebyte story for all our users.
- Experience building a company’s marketing strategy - learning what works, what doesn’t, and iterating on that strategy as the company grows
- Some experience with demand generation. Hands-on, experimental demand gen work is a huge plus, but having managed demand gen specialists is also helpful.
- You’ll need to be comfortable and familiar with software engineers and technical products, in order to really resonate with our users
- A willingness to take an analytical and scrappy approach - we’re looking for someone that will move fast, run experiments, and iterate based on data.
- Proven track record of managing and growing a marketing team
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Back to top