VP Business Operations and Strategy APAC
TripAdvisor is seeking a unique individual to lead APAC Business Development, Strategic Partnerships and SEA Operations.
Reporting to the President of TripAdvisor Asia Pacific you will build external relationships with key partners and regional investors and collaborate internally with global and regional leaders.
The focus of the role is on regional growth and strategic initiatives- creating and maintaining relationships with key strategic partners, investment banks, venture capital funds, and other sources of potential growth.
As the President APAC’s Chief of Staff you will lead all cross-regional and selected market-specific growth initiatives and directly manage cross-functional teams responsible for operations in APAC (and overlay China, Japan and India where Country Managers are responsible for local operations).
- Identify key external stakeholders within the region, create and build relationships with them
- Strategize, negotiate and implement strategic partnerships and transactions
- Create market-level competitive intelligence
- Manage day-to-day operations and performance of APAC (minus China, Japan, and India)
- Identify performance improvement initiatives and strategies
- Develop regional level reporting and dashboards to ensure consistent performance management
- Partner with President of Asia Pacific and Country Managers in China, Japan, and India to identify regional level growth strategies and cross-team initiatives
- Work closely with regional level product and engineering teams to identify market-specific product requirements necessary to deliver growth
The required expertise:
- Extensive experience in corporate strategy, investment banking, or strategic consulting
- Experience managing and growing an internet business in Asia
- Experience originating and executing external partnerships and agreements
- Proven track record delivering operational results and implementing strategic agreements
- Exceptional communication skills and experience delivering regional and global presentations
- Experience managing small direct reporting lines, but across large cross-functional teams
- Fluency in English and Mandarin required
- MBA preferred
Back to top