Visual Designer - Brand
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Ready to play an important role at TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site?
You'll be part of a dynamic and collaborative environment that fuses the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up with the stability and resources of a global industry leader.
We're looking for a visual designer to make immediate, meaningful contributions in support of our B2C efforts and grow/enhance the brand experience for millions in the TripAdvisor community worldwide. You will be involved in the creation and execution of comprehensive brand campaigns, unique deliverables across multiple touchpoints - web, mobile, email, print, social, out-of-home, and beyond...
To succeed in this role, you'll leverage your passion for making design decisions that drive consumer and owner behaviors on a wide range of projects spanning print and digital experiences. Must embrace a fast-paced environment, remain calm under pressure, able to manage multiple projects at once, and execute on the direction and requirements of these projects.
In short: Awesome brand. Global audience. Collaborative environment. Cool teams. Free lunches. Dog-friendly. Design & influence for a living.
What you'll do:
- Work with the brand creative team to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all marketing materials and touchpoints, including emails, digital ads, banners, landing pages, social media posts, templates, campaigns, event graphics, videos and more across global points of sale
- Partner with the marketing team to refine project strategies and translate them into designs.
- Present concepts and campaigns to senior executives, and iterate based on direct cross-functional feedback.
- Drive creative projects from concept through execution, and align all materials with marketing and product direction.
- Collaborate with our Product, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and other teams to generate concepts and bring them to life.
- Work with the brand group's product design team on the consumer-facing TripAdvisor website, app and other on-line assets
- Display knowledge of social platform assets, best practices, and trends, and design of social assets.
- Build design frameworks for regional and global markets/languages
- Articulate conceptual and directional choices.
- Help to create, maintain and enforce the TripAdvisor Brand Book, templates, style guides, and toolkits across all relevant touchpoints of the brand.
- High-quality and proficient production methods with consistent deliverables
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years' experience in the creative field - marketing experience a plus.
- A collaborative do-er who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for all things travel related
- Experience with direct response campaigns, including (but not limited to) digital ads, email and social media.
- Experience integrating brand tone/voice into layout, and a comfort level in working with copywriters.
- A self-starter who's able to identify opportunities for improving processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of design principles and best practices (e.g. typography, color theory, layout, information hierarchy).
- Demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression.
- Ability to present and articulate design solutions to teams, leadership and project stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches and whiteboarding or storyboarding
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker
- Expert level proficiency with Sketch and prepared plugins (Craft)
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience in prototyping software, such as Keynote, Invision, Flinto, Principal
- Basic understanding of CSS, HTML-5
- Video and motion design abilities a plus
- Illustration and data visualization skills a plus
- PORTFOLIO REQUIRED
Back to top