Video Editor Finisher (CONTRACT)
VIDEO EDITOR FINISHER
Who We Are
TripAdvisor is the world's largest travel site, visited by 390 million travelers each month, and our Experiences business is a fascinating, fast-growing part of the organization. With the world's largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights and advice, we're evolving the entire attractions industry. We're making lines and FOMO things of the past to help travelers take the best possible trips.
Join our team as Video Editor/Finisher to help us create engaging, exciting, and informative videos featuring some of the most amazing experiences and destinations around the world. We create content for multiple brands within the TripAdvisor Media Group, including Viator and TripAdvisor. And we produce for a variety of standards and emerging formats.
We seek an experienced, tech-savvy Video Editor/Finisher with finishing techniques as their shining attribute. The Video Editor/Finisher will address the finer details of video projects, polishing the picture, audio and graphics. They are adept at delivering projects to a high standard, demonstrating creativity, quality, consistency and speed. Strong applicants have an ability to take initiative independently, and are at home in a collaborative environment with fellow post production teammates. They listen closely to instructions, are comfortable with creative criticism, and have experience working in cooperation with the interests of Brand and Marketing teams.
Past work will demonstrate advanced technical skill in music editing, audio mixing, color correction and After Effects motion from templates. The role requires an expertise in technical specs, video encoding, data management and finishing software. The ideal candidate is naturally quick, organized, has an eye and an ear for detail, and demonstrates professionalism through hard work, integrity, optimism and enthusiasm.
The Video Editor/Finisher will work on location at our San Francisco office.
- Music Editing - must have an excellent sense of pacing and timing
- Audio mixing and mastering - solve problems while balancing score, talk points, production sound, and compression
- Color Correction - has a strong eye for color and correcting principles
- Applying templated AE graphics - capable of working from templates and integrating with Adobe Premier workflows (FCP workflows in addition are a plus)
- Manipulate source assets for AE projects using Illustrator and Photoshop
- Compression, encoding, and exporting video assets to technical specifications for broadcast, web platforms, varying devices, social media channels, and other emerging formats such as 360 players.
- Supports Video Production Team in meeting project deadlines by diving into any post production task necessary, including examining unedited clips, creating metadata, syncing audio and video footage with Pluraleyes, folder and file management, fixing a technical issue, prepping a hard drive, researching plugins or software, etc.
What We Seek
- 3+ years of experience as a Finisher
- Professional Video, Film or TV Production editing experience, preferably from an agency, post house or broadcast.
- Experience working on TV and Web Commercials, Films or Documentaries, Title Sequences, Trailers, Broadcast Promos, Corporate Videos, Brand Videos, Promo Videos and Graphics Packages
- Solid, technical knowledge in all phases of post-production: video compression standards, aspect ratios, interlacing issues, and frame rates
- Experience with 4k post production workflows on Mac OS is a must
- Knows how to bring low and medium budget material up to a big budget look
- Highly organized and good sense of time management
- Software required: DaVinci, FCP 7 and X, Pluraleyes, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, and Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Media Encoder
- Is at home with left brain and detail-oriented tasks, yet is exceptionally flexible and agile when it comes to last-minute changes and re-prioritization.
- Has a levelheaded communication style, balances assertiveness with sensitivity, remains cool under pressure, and demonstrates a positive attitude.
- 360 video skills a plus
- Jira experience a plus
NOTE: Please provide a demo reel or recent and relevant work that exhibits yourbest Post Finishing abilities (color correction, audio mix, AE graphic template manipulation).Please define your role on each video project you send. This is not a position for students or beginner level Editors.Please only respond if you have a strong portfolio of professional work.
Back to top