Vice President, Global Sales Operations
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Analytics and Operations leader who can consolidate excellent, but dispersed, existing teams and develop a unified, best-in-class global support organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting TripAdvisor’s global Sales team’s effectiveness and managing functions essential to sales force productivity. The VP, Global Sales Operations and Analytics will create best practices and processes to support data requests, and develop new insights and data-driven initiatives which will provide results that maximize business impact. This includes planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, as well as thought leadership and delivery of all Analytics and Data Science support for the global Sales teams.
This person will be responsible for fostering close, collaborative working relationships with other data, product, marketing and analytics teams within the company to deliver accurate and consistent collection, analysis, and reporting of data. This team will support multiple internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Sales, this role will work to ensure both the sales organization’s efficient operation and success and the success of the company as a whole. The successful candidate will manage a global team located in Needham, London, and Singapore across Sales Enablement, Training, Analytics, and Operations. This position is based in our Needham, Massachusetts headquarters.
Focus areas of responsibility include:
- The successful candidate will drive revenue innovation and business thought leadership through the operational execution of strategies and tactics resulting from the gathering and translation of data, and in collaboration with business leadership.
- The demonstrated ability to create a story from the data, show trends, deliver powerful analytics and lead projects to deliver significant revenue outcomes resulting from data analytics.
- Ability to interpret business needs and experience developing strategic, KPI-based, analytics. This individual and their teams will be providing information used by non-technical leaders to make decisions about the business; therefore, must have outstanding “translation” skills to deliver actionable information and business-based recommendations at that level.
- Proven ability to drive continuous process improvement at speed and scale.
- Work closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
- Align reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Work with Human Resources, Finance and senior Sales leadership, to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration including timely distribution of sales quota’s. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures.
- Manage sales integration and work closely with development teams on all aspects of sales tools including our CRM environment to enhance sales rep effectiveness, enablement, and productivity. Ensure the systems, tools, and processes are in place to make it easy for sales reps to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate, define, lead and deliver initiatives to support revenue growth from sales and increase sales productivity, drive process improvements, including tools, process, sales methodology, sales support.
- Ensure Sales reporting and dashboards are streamlined, and developed from the company’s agreed-to source of data truth.
- Ensure that data is presented in the right systems and that reporting / dashboards are efficient and within the workflow of the sales force.
- Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes for the Global Sales organizations, establishing a high level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the organization.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous improvement.
- The successful candidate must be intellectually curious and inspire team members to think creatively and own their outcomes.
- Extensive experience attracting, managing, coaching and retaining high performing team members.
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving.
- MBA or Masters in a technical field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 10+ years’ leadership experience in sales analysis/operations experience and in roles requiring problem solving/analytic skills, project management and presentation skills required.
- Proven, time-tested experience managing and leading teams and successfully delivering revenue generating analytics solutions.
- Experience successfully supporting a 500+ person global sales organization, including experience with a significant Inside Sales team.
- Experience in the initial organization and/or reorganization of a world-class sales operations and analytics organization.
- Expert level experience in utilizing CRM and salesforce automation systems (SFDC).
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel & proficiency in PowerPoint required.
- Strong competency in SQL, Python, SPSS, Tableau Software and web analytics and the proven ability to manage teams working in those platforms.
- Ability to develop complex financial and operational models using spreadsheets and database software.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Must be able to listen to and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience interacting with the highest executive levels of an organization.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top