Vacation Rental's Data Science Intern
TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals is looking for a talented summer intern to join our data science team. As a data science intern you will apply your modeling skills to a wide variety of problems such as recommender systems, fraud-detection, online advertisement, and revenue optimization. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real time as you help the company grow.
We are looking for someone who is independent, curious, and motivated, who likes discussing ideas and will bring something new to the table. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including data scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business.
- Working towards a PhD or Masters student in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python or R for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Numpy/Pandas/Scikit-learn)
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Natural language processing
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hive, Spark)
- Deep learning
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top