TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is the world's largest travel site, visited by 455 million travelers each month, and our Attractions business is a fast-growing part of the organization. With the world's largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights, we're evolving the entire attractions industry. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you'll work with a world-class team of designers, engineers, and product managers to develop innovative user experiences that will shape the industry's pioneering products.
In this role, you will be working on our SaaS product team.You should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems,with good understanding of product specifications and user psychology. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
What you will do
- Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business and users' goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms, and are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
What you will bring to the team
- 5 to 7 years of experience designing for web and mobile
- Online portfolio that showcases your design chops and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem solving skills
- Shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
- Comfortable designing within iOS and Android native platform guidelines, and have portfolio examples to show it
- Talent for managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion; exhibit flexibility and ability to create multiple creative concepts within our speed wins framework.
- Excellent communicator who has conviction to champion your point of view, but can also successfully collaborate with others
- Proficiency in design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Degree in Design or related field
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top