TEMP Staff Accountant
Viator, a TripAdvisor Company, is looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant to join our team. We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive individual, who is able to identify problems and initiative corrective actions to deliver sections of the accounts payable function on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable manager, the role is a full function role, including expenses and credit card reconciliations, inter-company invoicing, coding and ensuring all invoices (internal and external) are input and coded correctly. In addition to this, you will be assisting in the reconciliation of accounts payable and supplier clearing account, verify and check all expenses from employees and assisting the finance department with any other ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate will have strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement as well as design and implement those improvements. You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes, ensuring monthly financial statements are available to management within a reasonable timeframe, and helping the company navigate through its financial transition.
• Processes accounts payable. Reviews invoices, ensures signatory authority and signing limits.
• Validates signatures for staff credit card statements and correct process followed.
• Reconcile credit card bills monthly and ensure all charges have adequate supporting documentation.
• Processes expense reimbursements and supply purchases.
• Provides and receives information regarding accounts payable with vendors, managers, and staff.
• Performs data entry of financial information for the department, and files invoices and other financial documents.
• Ensure all invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts and costs centres.
• Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
• Preparation of weekly payment batches, one-off checks, wire transfers and ACH payments, in multiply currencies across several business units and banking institutions.
• Resolve internal issue in Accounts Payable area.
• Handle vendor and internal sales team inquiries on payment status.
• Filing of payment stubs and supporting documents in respective vendor folders after each check run.
• Preparation of the 1099’s annually.
• Must have strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
• Interacts with suppliers and internal sales team regarding payment disputes and assists with the resolution.
• Support of payment runs within Workday. (Infor SunSystem a plus)
• Inform accountants of any possible accruals for month end close and ensure all costs have been booked in the correct period.
• Participate in the implementation of a new ERP.
• Performs general and ad hoc project support as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field.
• 2+ years of experience with full cycle AP.
• Experience in accounts payable function and account reconciliation is required.
• Excellence in timelines, accuracy and consistency of data entry and customer service.
• Good knowledge of accounts payable processes and procedures.
• Good knowledge of General Ledger practices and processes.
• Accounting ERP experience required, preferably Workday.
• Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge in use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Works effectively with internal customers including Accounts Payable, Legal, Purchasing and service providers and depicts a team oriented attitude.
• Superior work paper organization, attention to detail, ability to quickly synthesize and analyse data required.
• Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders.
• Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Has an excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with a solution-oriented mind-set.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top