SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our Systems Engineering / DevOps team.
If you’ve got that exceptional ability to grasp the big picture and figure out how to deliver on that vision with exceptional teams of engineers; if you’re interested in leading a critical team’s evolution; and if you truly know how to inspire, motivate, and grow teams, then let’s talk!
Some of the Manager of TechOps responsibilities include:
- Driving the development and delivery of our TechOps strategy
- Guiding and mentoring TechOps team members
- Driving the adoption of industry best-practices
- Acting as a liaison between TechOps and other disciplines within the business
- Staffing, assessing needs and attracting and retaining top talent
- Technology research, staying on top of and making recommendations for the adoption of new technologies
- Guiding and reviewing major architectural efforts
- Coaching others to challenge the status quo, consider alternatives and make hard choices
- Hands-on contributor.
Strong candidates will have the following:
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix environment
- Solid knowledge of Networking, Unix and Windows Systems Administration, Database technologies, Storage, Virtualization, Enterprise application deployment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment - think chef or puppet
- Experience with monitoring and trending systems (nagios, graphite, statsd)
- Strong understanding of network security principles including monitoring for and mitigating potential threats within the infrastructure.
- SOX/PCI knowledge and experience
- Redundancy/DR planning and execution
- Strong understanding of how to build, scale, manage complex multi-product/service environments
- Strong, full-stack technical skills built up while successfully delivering and growing web-based products
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top