Technical Manager, TripAdvisor China
Do you want to drive and make an impact on a team that is experiencing rapid growth business demand in the China market?
Do you want a role where your work will help leverage and influence TripAdvisor globally?
We want a leader who will reinforce our culture of excellence in execution. As a Senior Engineering Leader you will play a large and crucial role in our company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
TripAdvisor China is able to provide the burgeoning class of Chinese millennial tech-savvy independent outbound travelers with tools to help them break out of the traditional group tour model to have a more authentic and individualized travel experience. You will define realistic targets and milestones, lead the engineering team, encourage a high level of team participation and interaction, serve as mentor and coach, and live and breathe our “Speed Wins” approach —all while implementing world class design methodologies and processes that will allow our development team to improve their work efficiency and scale their work contribution based on the business demand of the China market.
Specific Responsibilities include
- Lead, manage, and grow a 12-member technical team in Needham made up of mostly software engineers
- Manage day to day site operations, network, security, hardware capacity building and site scalability for TripAdvisor China’s website – tripadvisor.cn.
- Manage a large and complex production environment consisting of over 2000 physical servers using software development techniques and practices including automation, code reviews, configuration management, and weekly iterations.
- Manage and promote a highly agile development environment with 10+ automated releases weekly and a strong focus on time to market and developer productivity
- Identify and drive improvements in the development process for a growing and distributed Software Development organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- A minimum of ten 10 years’ experience leading software development teams
- Deep understanding of Software Architecture and Design patterns for large scale systems
- Experience in Tech platform/infrastructure team management in an agile, commercial Internet platform environment.
- Prior experience as a hands-on engineer and understands what developers need to be highly effective (Fast workstations, awesome CI, and unlimited supplies of Caffeine!)
- Strong experience with agile software development techniques, developer driven testing, and highly automated test environments
- Experience with a wide range of technologies including Java, Tomcat, Postgres, Memcache, Apache, Ajax, JSON, and other web technologies
- Exceptional problem solving skills with an eye towards delivering solutions quickly
- Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong execution/implementation skills
- Ability to communicate and work successfully across functions
Back to top