Technical Manager - Experiences Demand
TripAdvisor's mission is to help people around the world plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor Experiences is the fastest growing group within the company, enabling travelers to book tours and activities online. We are currently the market leader in the space, but we have big plans and need your help in taking this business to the next level.
TripAdvisor is looking for an experienced Technical Manager to lead an engineering team based out of our El Segundo office. This will require hands on leadership, hiring, training, and supervising a strong technical team as they execute on various initiatives for our business.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have at least 6 years of software development experience, including some experience leading a team
- You have a solid working knowledge of modern full-stack web development.
- You show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader, and you can make us believe you'll excel
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capability daily
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
- You have successfully hired and built teams including interviewing, on-boarding, and mentoring developers of varying skill levels
- You find the live operations of your team's code fulfilling and worth getting right
What we offer you
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture
- A flexible work from home policy and healthy work-life balance
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences, and employee resource groups
- Annual hackathon to build your own project and quarterly Fix-It Fridays to fix issues you care about
- Great benefits, including health/vision/dental insurance, comprehensive parental and caregiver paid leave, tiered vacation starting at 15 days, yearly travel reimbursements, and more
- A well-stocked office kitchen with free lunch one day a week
Back to top