Technical Manager - B2C Restaurants
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travellers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As Technical Manager for the Restaurants B2C team, you will be leading projects to shape the entire consumer experience from discovery to booking on both web and mobile.
Can you enable highly iterative agile development by breaking down complex projects into discrete tasks? Are you a leader that can mold bright young developers into seasoned veterans? Are you capable of hands-on development and digging into reports and logs when problems arise along with delegating and prioritizing the work needed across the team? Above all else, are you passionate about success?
What you will bring to the team:
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You are an experienced Software Engineer, and have spent at least 1 year managing an engineering team or 3 years as the lead engineer within a team
- From your experience building consumer-facing products, you advocate for and deliver a great user experience
- You will show leadership as a hands-on developer in multiple layers of the software stack
- You show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader, and you can make us believe you will excel
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capability daily
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
- You can hire, mentor and grow engineers
- Startup experience is a definite plus
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 630 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide - covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Back to top