This role is open in both our HQ in Needham, MA and in Dublin, Ireland.
TripAdvisor is currently seeking a rockstar Devops/Systems Engineer to join our IT Operations team. The IT Operations team is responsible for building, securing and maintaining all of TripAdvisor's corporate infrastructure. In this role, you will split your time between the support of our production environment and the roll-out of new tools and technologies to our customers. We have cool technology and interesting projects ahead and you will be joining our company at a pivotal time as we bring automation and new technologies to our customers.
This role is heavily focused on coding/scripting and automation. Right now,the team is working on building out our own Zero Trust environment,essentially,building our own version of the framework. Additionally,they we are working on strengthening our overall security posture,as well as,exploring and building out POCs for new infrastructure pieces.
Your responsibilities lie in two main categories
Support of our production environment:
- First tier support for production issues on a broad range of systems. Some new and shiny, some old and brittle, but all equally important
- Track, troubleshoot and document production issues. Provide root cause analysis, working closely with other operations teams as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation. We dislike pagers, too. Help us make it better
- Address technical debt
- Prototype, demonstrate, and package new technology as needed for internal projects or company directives
- Proactively find ways to improve the experience we can offer our customers from an IT perspective
- Create new tools, and manage and improve existing ones
- Document, share knowledge, and train/mentor your peers wherever needed
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar focus
- 5+ years of progressively responsible Windows administration and DevOps experience
- 4 + years of experience coding and scripting in multiple languages (Powershell, Perl, Bash, Python)
- Solid working knowledge of configuration management and orchestration tools. Experience with Puppet or Ansible prefered but other CM or orchestration system experience may be applicable
- 2 + years of experience with automation tools
- 2 + years of experience working with code revision tools, preferably Git
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and effectively
Strong technical skills/understanding in the following areas:
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- RADIUS (NPS)
- Windows File Sharing
- Microsoft Exchange
Nice to haves:
- Experience with F5 BigIPs (including APM)
- Network administration experience
- Experience with Hypervisors, including VMware
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top