Staff Accountant, Cash Applications
Why This Position is Awesome:
- The Staff Accountant – Cash Applications will work closely with the billing, collections and product revenue accounting teams and report directly into Director of Revenue Operations, TripAdvisor. The person will be primarily responsible for managing cash application, reconciliations, and payment compliance role for the Corporate Accounting Revenue Operations Group.
- Specifically, this person will be responsible for doing daily cash entries and coordination of the month end cash close process and cash accounts reconciliations. The Staff Accountant will also have the opportunity to engage in meaningful accounting projects, be involved in compliance work, support the launch of new products and services, enact process improvement change, and automate procedures whenever possible.
What You Will Do:
- Application of paper checks, wires, ACH payments, credit card and lockbox payments for all global cash accounts from the feed for US, UK and Singapore bank accounts.
- Book ad hoc bank transactions including, but not limited to bank fees, short pays, foreign currency FX variances, foreign tax withholdings, and customer refunds.
- Collaborate with various accounting teams to identify received payments and reconcile accounts
- Reconcile multiple global cash accounts and deferred revenue accounts
- Book non-recurring cash journal entries for acquisitions, tax entries, AP and long-term liability accounts
- Serve as primary audit interface for all cash related activities and requests
- Train and manage support team for certain cash apps.
- Reconcile about 30 cash accounts and a deferred revenue account to G/L.
- Sweep cash transfers for TripAdvisor sister companies/ USD bank account. Perform intercompany cash entries for TripAdvisor subsidiaries and complete cross-charges
- Book on occasion cash transactions for acquisitions, including tax entries, any non-AP cash transactions.
- Book all cash activities in reals that hit their bank account, book AP and AR activity, make GL accruals.
- Journal entries for POS allocations (based on info provided).
- Answer all audit requests from internal and external audit, related to cash.
Business Listings / Instant Book
- Allocate properly cash at month end from respective clearing accounts for certain TripAdvisor product lines/business segments.
- Support financial system implementation for all cash related activities to successfully test and transition to new solutions.
Oracle Revenue and Billing Management project
- Help to set up cash apps, test, transition respective activities from Workday and Zuora.
What We Seek:
- 4-year degree in accounting, finance or business
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Experience with Zuora, SalesForce, Workday, and/or Oracle a plus
- Highly skilled in MS Office
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently and extremely detail oriented
- Strong time management and communications skills
- Ability to work well with others in a small company, high growth environment
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top