Staff Accountant - Cash and Collections
Why This Position is Awesome:
The Staff Accountant – Cash and Collections will work closely with the billing, collections and product revenue accounting teams and report directly into the Manager of Revenue Accounting, TripAdvisor. The person will be primarily responsible for supporting various cash/payments and collections efforts for the Corporate Revenue Operations group.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for doing daily cash entries, supporting the month end close process and account reconciliations of various cash accounts, collections and chargeback processing. The Staff Accountant will also have the opportunity to engage in meaningful accounting projects, be involved in compliance work, support the launch of new products and services, enact process improvement change, and automate procedures whenever possible.
What You'll Do:
- Apply checks, wires, ACH payments, lockbox payments from the feed for our global cash accounts
- Work closely with accounting and sales staff to investigate payment issues and bring to resolution
- Assist in the development and improvement of key processes surrounding the Order to Cash process
- Support our Collections function and processing of chargebacks
- Develop a system functional expertise in the cash area of our core Billing & Receivables platform (Oracle RMB)
- Book journal entries for bank fees, short pays, fx variances, foreign tax withholdings, customer refunds
- Perform monthly reconciliations of cash, deferred revenue and certain other balance sheet accounts
- Support the external audit as it relates to cash accounting and the corresponding controls
- Review various clearing accounts and ensure cash is accurately allocated to the proper Business Unit
What We Seek:
- 4-year degree in accounting, finance or business
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Experience with Zuora, SalesForce, Workday, and/or Oracle a plus
- Highly skilled in MS Office
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently and extremely detail oriented
- Strong time management and communications skills
- Ability to work well with others in a small company, high growth environment
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top