SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
The Independent Traveler, Inc. is part of the SmarterTravel family of sites, and is a publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind; Family Vacation Critic; and, Independent Traveler. Together these sites receive over six million unique visitors a month.
We are hiring a Staff Accountant to join this team in Ewing, NJ, near Princeton. The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibilities will be invoicing of customer accounts, working with sales planners in the collection of accounts receivable, and maintenance of customer contract files. The staff accountant will also be responsible for entering all AP transactions into the ERP accounting system. Additional responsibilities will include various projects in support of the accounts payable function as well as other general accounting projects that arise from time to time. The staff accountant role will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare accurate monthly invoices in accordance with customer contract terms
- Communicate effectively with sales teams to obtain information necessary to complete monthly invoicing
- Build and manage relationships with our customers’ marketing and accounts payable contacts to ensure timely collection of accounts receivable
- Work with internal sales and customers for resolution of billing discrepancies
- Prepare accounts receivable aging reports to evaluate the status of delinquent accounts
- Establish and manage relationship with third-party collection agency
- Work with sales department to collect all delinquent A/R
- Reconcile all credit card payments for Cruise Critic store purchases
- Prepare invoice adjustments and credit memos as needed
- Complete setup request forms for new customers and vendors
- Update existing vendor and customer information in accounting software & supporting documentation as required
- Code vendor invoices and enter into accounting software
- Verify and code P-card purchases, enter credit card purchasing transactions in accounting software
- Manage online library of vendor invoices
- Accurately apply cash receipts to outstanding invoices and write-up deposits
- Enter A/R credit card payments in Linkpoint
- Responsible for maintaining secure environment of credit card information; work with Tech on PCI compliance
- Coordinate all general office administration including managing relationships with office related vendors and suppliers and opening mail
- Assist with other general accounting projects and month-end close work
- Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting, finance or business major preferred
- 2+ years of prior work experience in an accounting role
- Skilled in MS Office, automated accounting and financial reporting software
- Highly organized, productive and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to build customer, vendor and internal relationships
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and manage multiple initiatives
- Flexibility to work well in a high growth environment with a small company feel
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top