Staff Accountant - AR
The Staff Accountant’s main responsibilities will be for the monthly invoicing of customer accounts, and maintenance of customer contract files. Additional responsibilities will include various projects in support of the accounts receivable function as well as other general accounting projects that arise from time to time.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare accurate monthly invoices in accordance with customer contract terms
- Communicate effectively with TripAdvisor sales team to obtain information necessary to complete monthly invoicing
- Work with internal sales and customers for resolution of billing discrepancies
- Prepare invoice adjustments and credit memos as needed
- Assist with other finance projects and month-end close work
What We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting, finance or business major preferred
- 1-3 years of accounting and finance experience required
- Strong understanding of debits and credits along with journal entries
- Highly skilled in Excel and Word
- Highly organized, productive and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to build customer and internal relationships
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and manage multiple projects to completion
- Flexibility to work well in a high growth environment with a small company feel
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Back to top