Sr. Director, Business Development
Senior Director of Business Development
Attractions is a fast-growing subsidiary of TripAdvisor Inc. in the $200 billion attractions market. Viator is the key business in Attractions, and seeks a Senior Director of Business Development to expand its partnerships footprint across the globe.
The Senior Director of Business Development is responsible for leading, planning, and managing a team of business development directors and executives as they support new and existing partnerships. The objective is to scale the Attractions business rapidly and sustainably. You are an inquisitive and inspiring leader who takes ownership of the vision for growth and you’ll drive Attractions towards being a key contributor to TAMG’s success.
You report directly to the VP of Business Development at Viator, and work closely with Product, Supply, Finance, and Engineering leads across the Attractions team. You possess strong skills in negotiation, influence, and change management. You thrive on overcoming obstacles, and are analytically minded when solving problems.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Build a detailed understanding of the Attraction distribution universe, from third party partnerships to network affiliates to travel agents and the internal business units that support their growth
- Devise and execute a global partnerships growth strategy in line with our overall business goals
- Negotiate and close commercial partnerships that support the long-term growth of the business
- Work closely with other members of the Attractions organization, including marketing, affiliates, analytics, customer service and finance
- Maintain and share knowledge of global market conditions, competition, and opportunities
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Exhibit determination and resilience in the face of obstacles or challenges
- Treat problems as puzzles finding creative and ingenious solutions
- Show curiosity and inquisitiveness in all areas and functions of the business
- Takes ownership and accountability over critical outcomes that the business needs
- Actively seeks evidence and data for answering key questions
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner. Ability to persuade and influence key decision makers across various functions throughout the business
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Proven ability to develop team members, encouraging people to reach their potential whilst providing regular feedback and guidance
Key Skills / Experience
- 8+ years of business development and distribution experience; with at least 4 years successfully managing and mentoring a global team
- Experience in high-tech, e-commerce, fast growth business strongly preferred
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of partnerships
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top