Software Engineer - SEO
TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world -We get hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis and have hundreds of millions of user reviews.To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience, we rely on great engineers. For us, people who own their work, from start to finish, are integral. Our engineers are part of the process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. From beginning to end of your projects you will have opportunities to work with world-class experts in SEO/SEM, usability, marketing, product research and will touch every level of the code base.
Our engineers work on features that are seen by millions of people a day and improve their travel experiences in significant ways. Some examples include:
- Saving and organizing trips between friends
- Reducing page load speed for mobile devices by an order of magnitude
- Ensuring users have a well curated experience by providing unique UX for each part of their travel planning, before, during and after their trip
- Providing the lowest prices for hotels by comparing many different places to book a including specific discounts only found on the hotels' websites
As a software engineer at TripAdvisor, you provide technical leadership in an environment that moves fast (daily release), collaborates between teams and team members, and that expects you to own your projects.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you've found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics and insights from our hadoop data warehouse. We optimize the site with an iterative, data-driven approach with many A/B tests running concurrently from each team. TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
What you will do:
- Implement complex projects and develop the technical solution to each of your projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be integral for the code quality on your team
- Have exposure to the consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor native iOS and/or Android App
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Experience with full stack server side and web development a plus
- Prior experience on self driven projects a plus
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top