Software Engineer II - Vacation Rentals SEM
Do you enjoy Big Data challenges, algorithm development, and directly seeing the outcome of your work? If so, come join TripAdvisor’s Vacation Rentals Search Engine Marketing team. As a Software Engineer II you will be involved in creating and enhancing search engine marketing tools and landing pages for our travel company websites. This includes
- Writing code at all levels, including UI, servlets, backend services, and data storage applications to facilitate data mining, data analysis, and statistical modeling.
- Work along side other engineers and data scientists to design and implement learning algorithms suitable for big data to analyze, adapt, and optimize marketing on search engines.
- Work with other groups company-wide to investigate, identify, and solve problems that overlap group boundaries.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- 3+ years experience in the design, development, and testing of software systems.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and Relational Databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- A problem-solving mindset; the individual should be highly motivated and self-directed
- Solid understanding of Java and Object-Oriented architectures
- Comfortable on the Linux platform and its standard utilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to write clean, correct, and efficient code
- Have proven a commitment to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule as part of a team and as an individual
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top