Software Engineer II - Brand Marketing
What we do – Our team supports the marketing organization’s efforts to promote awareness of specific brand initiatives as well drive user engagement with TripAdvisor. Specifically we develop targeted email and push campaigns, build on-site functionality to introduce and direct users to new features, and we are building new infrastructure to streamline the user experience by unifying all of our notification channels including email, push, on-site and in-app.
Our ultimate goal is to draw TripAdvisor members in to provide them with an engaging, consistent and seamless experience across our desktop and mobile websites and native apps while postively impacting revenue and collection of user-generated content.
What you will actually do - You will be responsible for executing and leading the development of software used to generate, deliver and analyze email and push campaigns as well as on-site features. You will be responsible for the infrastructure that underlies these systems and ensuring it will operate efficiently and scale effectively as our data and user base continues to rapidly grow.
More specifically, you will
- Use our data warehouse to create processes that handle hundreds of millions of records efficiently, experimenting with new features and technologies to make things scale
- Take a leadership role in overhauling our infrastructure and systems, including integration with third party services and internal systems
- Develop tools to configure and monitor our systems and identify ways to improve automation and testing
- Work closely with the marketing team to create new email and push campaigns, on-site promotions and generally shape the product while maximizing the impact of engineering work
- Assist junior team members by performing design and code reviews and providing technical guidance
Ideally, you have
- 8+ years of software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Java or C++ development experience in a UNIX or linux environment
- Skills in scripting with shell or python
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with relational databases, hadoop, hive and/or other NoSQL echnologies
- Experience managing projects, mentoring and guiding other developers
You Will Not Have To:
- To follow a dress code.
- Have set working hours.
- Need to bring your lunch or even go out every day. Sam (our executive chef) and his team do an amazing job.
- Come to work in a shabby old building. Our state of the art HQ opened in June and is amazing!
- Be bored.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top