The TripAdvisor Flights and Cruise team is looking for a passionate, talented, and resourceful Software Engineer to join us in our Needham, MA, global headquarters. The team is responsible for both the TripAdvisor Flights metasearch, SeatGuru.com, cruise critic.com, and additional new projects. We move quickly, and we're seeking individuals who thrive in this challenging environment.
The Software Engineer will contribute to a wide range of project work, from designing and building APIs and micro-services for consumption by our mobile apps to building APIs for third-party suppliers to integrate their inventory into TripAdvisor, to delivering rich content and user experience to our travelers researching flights for their next vacation. You will also have the opportunities to lead the technical solutions for projects. In short, your work will encompass the key areas of execution for the Flights and Cruise business.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree(s).
- 0-3 years of large scale, full life cycle development experience.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented design patterns and how they are used in software design.
- A passion for the web and desire to create and implement complex computer science solutions.
- Solid understanding and some professional experience with the Java stack.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done" are essential requirements.
- A desire to work in a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top