Software Developer - Core Experience
Core Experience is focused on making TripAdvisor a habit for our travelers. Helping the people who come to TripAdvisor find and become part of a community of travelers with similar interests. The team focuses on growing membership as well as bringing travelers a personalized travel journey.Here are some examples of what you could work on:
- Building and maintaining scalable platforms that TripAdvisor uses for content search, recommendations, and streaming data across applications.
- Sifting through millions of Points of Interest and hundreds of millions of reviews to find the most relevant information to surface.
What you will do
- Write code...it's a developer role, after all.
- Work with you team, as well as other groups like product management, design, plus others, to bring your projects to fruition.
- Touch whatever level of code required in order to complete your project.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving the problem you are working on.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Move quick. We have a weekly release so build it and ship it!
What you will bring to the team
- A want to learn
- An open mind
- The desire to move quick
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer.
- The understanding that done is often a better option for us than perfection.
Our tech stack is primarily Java based. You will be provided with both a Mac laptop and a Linux dev server for your daily work environment. Our storage engine is PostgreSQL,our backends are all moving to micro-services,and our web front ends are currently Dust though we're in the process of moving to React and web components. With the number of consumers who use TripAdvisor on a daily basis,you can imagine that our big data is exactly that,and so your job will have you working with Hadoop (Hive,Spark,M/R) and RedShift. We make liberal use of ML here,so you will have the chance to support,or take part in,significant optimization projects.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 570 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- covering 7.3 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top