Why This Role Is Awesome:
If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO truly “gets” SEO, this role might be for you!
- TripAdvisor is growing its world class Search Engine Optimization team and is looking for a SEO Strategist to contribute on strategy, execution, and analysis. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
- We take pride in our SEO and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
What We're Looking For:
- You are a passionate search marketer who is extremely knowledgeable about best practices and the latest new areas of SEO, and you also relish in the analytical aspects of the industry.
- You are detail-oriented, but can balance these details with the larger business objectives.
- You are quantitative, pragmatic, and methodical in your approach to SEO.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You are invigorated, not intimidated, by large volumes of data and keywords. You are adept at analyzing data at scale.
- You have deep experience working on SEO on a global scale. You might even speak another language fluently.
- You are an ambitious self-starter who takes pride in being “first in class”.
- You are results driven and have strong business acumen.
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
- You work well with many types of people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You’re an excellent communicator, especially when incorporating data to substantiate your winning point.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitoring daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets.
- Identifying growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
- Writing specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Analyzing experiment results and pushing forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
- Performing granular traffic and conversion analyses across multiple global markets to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Identifying and analyzing competitor techniques, as well as benchmarking TripAdvisor’s performance against competitors.
- Optimizing internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
- Assessing and understanding each market’s needs related to Search, and communicating them to various internal and external stakeholders.
What We Seek:
- BA or BS degree (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering).
- 5+ years of in-house SEO work experience with an industry leading website.
- Advanced skill with Excel and or Access required.
- Exposure to SQL, HIVE, or other coding languages strongly desired.
- Statistical background is a plus.
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top