Senior Staff Accountant, Revenue Operations
Why This Position is Awesome:
TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP), a $1.4B+ revenue company in 2016 seeks a Senior Staff in Revenue Accounting Operations, reporting to the Manager of Revenue Operations, who will be responsible for the managing and optimizing the Order to Cash process. This person will be the senior member of a team of Accountants/Analysts and will have significant influence over the systems, processes and reporting we use to support the OTC process. The Senior Staff will also have the opportunity to engage in meaningful business and accounting projects, be involved in audit and compliance work and support the launch of new products and services as they arise.
This role requires superior business partnership skills, strong financial acumen, and experience understanding and optimizing complex business processes. This person must be a critical thinker who solves problems independently and exhibits excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What You'll Do:
- Become subject matter expert across the various financial systems and processes within Order-to-Cash and support the development of our new product launches
- Work with the Operations/Systems teams closely to maintain the integrity of our financial systems
- Partner effectively across Sales, Sales Enablement, Product, Engineering, Systems, Finance, and various other functions to create and implement effective cross-functional process and policy
- Manage inbound inquiries (both internally and externally) in a timely and efficient manner, specifically providing Level 3 support to senior leadership when required
- Maintain strong accounting and process controls and work closely with internal and external auditors
- Conduct various types of analyses to identify efficiencies and opportunities
- Assist in the leading and development of a team of Accounting professionals
What We Seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with a focus on Accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience, management experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Substantial systems experience, preferably with Zuora, SalesForce, Workday, and Oracle
- Highly skilled in MS Office and Tableau (or equivalent BI software), SQL knowledge a plus
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently and extremely detail oriented
- Strong time management and communications skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage both primary area of responsibility as well as direct/indirect team
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top