Senior Software Engineering Manager, Oyster.com
Oyster.com, one of the SmarterTravel family of sites, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times.
If you’ve got that exceptional ability to grasp the big picture from a business perspective and figure out how to deliver on that vision with exceptional teams of software engineers; if you are willing to dive in and code to deliver on projects; and if you truly know how to inspire, motivate, and grow teams, then let’s talk!
Some of the Senior Software Engineering Manager responsibilities include:
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder, and effective people manager
- Acting as the liaison between Development and other disciplines within the business
- Driving the adoption of industry best-practices
- Staffing, assessing needs and attracting and retaining top talent
- Technology research, staying on top of and making recommendations for the adoption of new technologies
- Guiding and reviewing major architectural efforts
- Coaching others to challenge the status quo, consider alternatives and make hard choices
Strong candidates will have the following:
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management
- Strong, full-stack technical skills built up while successfully delivering web-based products
- Prior experience building and/or leading development of high-traffic, consumer-facing web products is strongly preferred (eCommerce, online media, etc.)
- Experience with, and knowledge of several programming languages, database technologies, and development methodologies
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer science preferred
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top