Maintaining the stability of our partner’s sites is job #1, so the quality and performance of your code is paramount. We operate in a fast paced environment and rely heavily on our developer-written automated tests to ensure things go smoothly.
As a senior contributor at SmarterTravel, you’ll also be mentoring our junior developers, establishing best practices that move our codebase forward, architecting our new technology platforms, all while shipping code daily.
If you're the type of developer who craves a challenge, we'd love to talk to you! We have plenty of interesting problems to solve, and we need your help to take our platform to the next level.
- A passion for software development.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems.
- Organized, self-motivator, great communicator and detail-oriented.
- Capable of leading large, multi-engineer projects from concept to implementation.
- Ability and desire to mentor and substantially contribute to the development of junior developers on the team.
- Module loaders, such as Webpack
- Task runners, such as Grunt
- Package managers, such as NPM or Bower
- Test frameworks, such as Jasmine or CasperJS
- New features being introduced in ES6
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture.
- Experience writing server-side object oriented code is a plus. Java preferred, but other OO language experience is OK too.
- Proficiency writing SQL and working with relational databases a plus.
- Comfortable and capable working in a linux environment.
- Experience or interest working directly with clients in a business to business environment is a plus.
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top