Senior Software Engineer - iOS - Vacation Rentals
Join the dynamic Vacation Rentals Owner App engineering team and invent the iOS owner app. You will implement the new iOS app from scratch and define the software architecture and development practices to rapidly deliver the most engaging experience to thousands of Vacation Rentals owners.
TripAdvisor, the market leader in travel research, is seeking a talented and experienced engineer for a key leadership role in the Vacation Rentals Owner App engineering team. The team is implementing the new native Vacation Rentals owner app from scratch. We are aiming for a world-class experience that empowers our owners to converse with users and manage their bookings. This is an opportunity to join a team that will shape mobile app development at Vacation Rentals.
- Build the new native iOS app from scratch
- Define and implement the software for the owner iOS app, working closely with the team to ensure the app architecture meets the team needs
- Establish software development best practices for iOS development
- Develop API endpoints to support the apps
- Be responsible for platform design, implementation, testing & monitoring
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of modern architecture and development best practices for mobile apps. He or she must be able to communicate a vision. He or she must also demonstrate the ability to produce scalable, performant and maintainable code across the full stack, from app user interface to services and database.
Do you have a proven track record of delivering well-architected, scalable mobile apps, in a fast paced environment? If so, please come join us.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, OO Design and relational databases
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- 2+ years of iOS programming experience
- Leadership in the definition, implementation and rollout of significant features on mobile apps
- Significant experience with server-side programming, including API design
- Experience analyzing and improving app performance and resource utilization across the full stack
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done" are essential requirements
Back to top