Senior Software Engineer - Experiences & Rentals
TripAdvisor, the market leader in travel research, is seeking talented Full Stack Software or Senior Software Engineers for the Experiences team in its office near North Station in downtown Boston. The Experiences team, a separate business unit within TripAdvisor, is building the next big product-a platform to make it easy for our customers to research and book experiences online. The business is growing fast, and we are looking for stand out engineers to help lead that growth.
In this role, you will rebuild the heart of the Experiences marketplace, our supply platform. To do this, you'll use technologies and systems like Java, React, Redux, Gradle, Docker, Postgres, ActiveMQ, Redis, and many others. You'll work closely with Product Managers and other Software Engineers to define, develop, and then implement scalable technical solutions to our problems. You'll collaborate with peers based in locations across the world (Oxford, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City).
We expect our Full Stack Software Engineers to be comfortable building scalable, maintainable features from the data access layer all the way to the presentation layer. We work quickly and expect you to rapidly iterate with your Product Manager to deliver high quality code to production on a near daily basis. TripAdvisor is well-known for having an extremely strong engineering organization-you will be working with the best and getting stuff done quick, in the fastest part of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 2 to 10 years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- You have a strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design, with rock-solid programming skills
- You want to work with technologies like React, Redux, Jersey, Docker, Gradle, etc.
- You have strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- You have a passion to "get things done"
- You enjoy working across the entire stack
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
Back to top