Senior Software Engineer (Data Platform)
- Lisbon, Portugal
Tripadvisor is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Data Platform) to take this exciting opportunity to join our fast-moving partner connectivity group in the B2C organization. In this role, you will help us build, upgrade, and sustain successful connectivity between the world's largest and most trusted travel site, visited by over 500 million travelers each month, and the world's leading travel brands, from large OTAs to independent boutique chains. These true web-scale connections between Tripadvisor and our partners provide Tripadvisor's travelers with the information they need for the best guidance on their considered trips and dream vacations.
Do you like building products and features end to end? Do you like working with a wide variety of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, and collaborating with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk to you.
What you'll do
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Mentor and lead more junior developers.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we're developing in Java, Cassandra, React, Hive, Spark, Scala, SQL and more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Touch code at every level - from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world - particularly the partner office in Oxford, UK. We have teams in the UK, US and Australia and regularly work with third parties.
What we're looking for
- At least 8 years' experience of commercial software development, including leadership experience.
- A history of microservice development with Java.
- Good experience of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Solid Linux background.
- Ability to design and query relational databases.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Extensive experience in software development.
- Background in developing scalable code for high-volume systems.
Back to top