***Senior Software Engineer - Android - Attractions Team
To have a significant impact on a strategic new product initiative at one of the very few companies operating at internet scale. This is a data-driven, customer-facing, fast-paced gig.
While your primary contribution will be in developing mobile native functionality, you will be expected to become proficient in the full stack: database, core data structures, server side business logic - servlets and services, server side presentation layer, browser, and of course what happens on the mobile device. In short order, you will have all of the skills needed to power the next decade of innovation in tech!
TripAdvisor is investing in a strategic new product initiative. While we will leverage much of what has already been written here, there is much to be designed, built, and market tested that is brand new. So this is a chance to get in at the ground floor in something that should be big.
We develop in Java on Linux on the server side, Objective-C on iOS, and Java on Android. We run an Agile development process with dedicated product management embedded with the technical team - we collaborate 24x7. We release at least every week, and sometimes daily.
- Solid grasp of core computer science principles: data structures, algorithms, database
- Solid grasp of core software engineering principles: OO, “good code”, “good process”
- More than competent Java programming skill
- Understanding of design and implementation challenges/opportunities of mobile devices
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Familiarity with Android design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience shipping mobile product
- Ability to collaborate effectively with UX designers
- Ability and willingness to learn - to accept constructive criticism, and to actively seek knowledge
- Willingness to mentor others in areas in which you are an expert
- Serious smarts
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top