Senior Site Reliability Engineer
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travelers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Rentals – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization. Rentals are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but also for the travel industry on the whole. It’s a category that’s rapidly gaining popularity; around two-thirds of travelers say they plan to stay in a rental this year, up from 50% two years ago. Our job is to ensure that we fulfill this demand and, ultimately, help travelers all over the world take amazing holidays, whether they’re staying in a studio in Sydney, a tree house in Costa Rica, or a cottage in the Cotswolds.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to engage with the platform and drive its future scalability and performance for our customers. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer with a diverse background in systems administration and software development to make a huge impact on a product that evolves very quickly and a team committed to developing high-quality, scalable services for our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be a part of a fast moving team in a growing and constantly evolving production environment
- You will be dedicated to improving of our platform’s reliability end-to-end
- You will dive deep into all aspects of our operations including software, systems, automation, and process
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network
- You will help mentor and guide the wider engineering team through consulting, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- You will help maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- You will help support and scale our MySQL database installations
Who You Are:
- Extensive experience handling services in a large scale environment
- Experience with administrating a RDBMS in a production environment, preferably MySQL
- Experience leading technical discussions and architecting technical solutions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top