Senior SEO Strategist
Why this role is Awesome:
If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO truly “gets” SEO, this role might be for you!
- TripAdvisor is growing its world class Search Engine Optimization team and is looking for a Senior SEO Strategist to contribute on strategy, execution, and analysis. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
- We take pride in our SEO and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
What Are We Looking For?
- You are a passionate search marketer who is extremely knowledgeable about best practices and the latest new areas of SEO, and you also relish in the analytical aspects of the industry.
- You are detail-oriented, but can balance these details with the larger business objectives.
- You are quantitative, pragmatic, and methodical in your approach to SEO.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You are invigorated, not intimidated, by large volumes of data and keywords. You are adept at analyzing data at scale.
- You have deep experience working on SEO on a global scale. You might even speak another language fluently.
- You are an ambitious self-starter who takes pride in being “first in class”.
- You are results driven and have strong business acumen.
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
- You work well with many types of people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You’re an excellent communicator, especially when incorporating data to substantiate your winning point.
What you’ll do:
- Monitoring daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets.
- Identifying growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
- Writing specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Analyzing experiment results and pushing forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
- Performing granular traffic and conversion analyses across multiple global markets to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Identifying and analyzing competitor techniques, as well as benchmarking TripAdvisor’s performance against competitors.
- Optimizing internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
- Assessing and understanding each market’s needs related to Search, and communicating them to various internal and external stakeholders.
What We Seek:
- 5+ years of in-house SEO work experience with an industry leading website.
- BA or BS degree (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering).
- Advanced skill with Excel and or Access required.
- Exposure to SQL, HIVE, or other coding languages strongly desired.
- Statistical background is a plus.
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top