Senior SEO Manager
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We take pride in our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing VR team. As the newest addition, you will help take our SEO efforts for the Experiences & Vacation Rentals segments to the next level. These represent one of the fastest growing travel segments, and they are a focal point of TripAdvisor's future growth.
What Will You Learn?
• SEO: You will learn how to optimize a portfolio of sites to improve our reach on all search engines. You will track traffic patterns; lead research projects; manage SEO projects; prioritize projects; report on results and share these findings with the whole SEO team, as well as Senior Management.
• Experiences & Vacation Rentals Industry: While your goal will be to increase SEO traffic to TripAdvisor, you will get the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the business (e.g. Competitor Analysis, Top Vacation Rental Destinations by Market, etc.) You will then leverage your findings to optimize our sites to reflect market demand.
• Other Skills: At TripAdvisor, we emphasize quantitative analysis and thorough experimentation. You will learn how to gather the preliminary data to build an experiment and how to subsequently analyze these results. We move quickly! Within weeks you will be writing specs, running tests, analyzing results, and making decisions that have real effects on revenue and profit for the company.
Why Work Here?
• Start-up Atmosphere with a Big Name Brand: At TripAdvisor you get all the pros of being at a start-up, while enjoying the resources of a global powerhouser. TripAdvisor features a casual work atmosphere, free lunch in the Needham office, a pub and a game room that includes Foosball, shuffle board etc.
• We don't Bite: We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, flat organization. Questions are always welcome and everyone is very approachable. It is our goal for you to always feel like part of the team.
• We Love our Work: Don't you want to work at a company where everyone is passionate about what they do? We love what we do and we want you to love it as well.
What Are We Looking For?
• Academics: Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, or Math. Other majors are welcome to apply, but please emphasize your quantitative skills in your cover letter.
• Professional Experience: 5+ years of in-house SEO work experience with an industry leading website. .
• Management Experience: You will have worked and collaborated with engineers and SEO professionals at all levels.
• Tech / web-savvy: You have a natural curiosity about web companies, new start-ups, and the travel world. Existing knowledge of SEO, SQL, BigQuery, and HTML is preferred. If you've built your own website and tried to make it rank on Google - that's even better! Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO also desired.
• Strong Analytical & Communication Skills: You enjoy working with data and are comfortable with math. You must be very comfortable with Excel and interested in getting better. Vlookups, Pivot Tables, If Statements, etc. are part of your daily life so learn to love them!
• Striving to Get Better: We expect you to be smart, hard-working, detail-oriented, organized, and motivated. You should constantly be looking for ways to improve on your skills and look for ways to add value to the team.
Back to top