Senior SEO Analyst
TripAdvisor is the world’s most visited travel website and a leader in user-generated content. TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals (TAVR) is a fast-growing start-up within TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor has acquired 5 successful holiday home businesses: FlipKey (Boston, US), Holiday Lettings (Oxford), Niumba (Oxford), VacationHomeRentals (Boston, US) and HouseTrip (Oxford) over the past 6 years and has built a sizeable Vacation Rental marketplace platform.
Vacation Rentals is one of the fastest growing travel segments and is a focal point of TripAdvisor’s future growth. TAVR provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TAVR, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We take pride in our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and we’re looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team. As the newest addition to the VR SEO team, you will be responsible for analysis of keyword data, creation and management of projects and tests, reporting on results and defining key trends for the entire TAVR SEO team. This role is based in both Boston and Needham and will report directly to the SEO Manager of Vacation Rentals. This is an amazing opportunity to make a difference to the entrepreneurial Vacation Rentals team, which is looking to grow at successful start-up speeds.
What Will You Learn?
• SEO: You will learn how to optimize TAVR primarily to improve our reach on all browsers. You will track traffic patterns; lead research projects; manage SEO projects; report on results and share these findings with the whole TAVR SEO team.
• Vacation Rentals Industry: While your goal will be to increase SEO traffic to TAVR, you will get the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the Vacation Rental business (e.g. Competitor Analysis, Top Vacation Rental Destinations by Market, etc.) You will then leverage your findings to optimize our sites to reflect market demand.
• Other Skills: At TripAdvisor, we emphasize quantitative analysis and thorough experimentation. You will learn how to gather the preliminary data to build an experiment and how to subsequently analyze these results. We move quickly! Within weeks you will be writing specs, running tests, analyzing results, and making decisions that have real effects on revenue and profit for the company.
Why Work Here?
• Start-up Atmosphere with a Big Name Brand: At TripAdvisor you get all the pros of being at a start-up, while enjoying the resources of a global powerhouse. TripAdvisor features a casual work atmosphere, subsidized lunch 5 days a week and a game room that includes Foosball, table tennis, PlayStation, Xbox, darts, pool and more.
• We don’t Bite: We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, flat organization. Questions are always welcome and everyone is very approachable. It is our goal for you to always feel like part of the team.
• We Love our Work: Don’t you want to work at a company where everyone is passionate about what
they do? We love what we do and we want you to love it as well.
• Develop and measure strategic SEO tests and projects
• Work closely with the Design, Product and Engineering teams to effectively communicate and deliver SEO improvements to TAVR
• Use data to help define new SEO projects and to optimize existing site functionality
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Engage in detailed quality assurance to ensure SEO projects are built to their required specifications
• Monitor and report on the SEO results generated by past SEO projects
• Report on key trends observed in traffic growth across TAVR
• Proactively investigate changes made by leading search engines to their organic ranking algorithms
What we are looking for:
• Must demonstrate analytical thinking and be comfortable with advanced data analysis using Excel including Pivot tables and Vlookups
• Proficient at running SQL queries and data modeling
• Must be comfortable working with computer engineers and must have a good understanding of HTML and CSS
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
• A passion for SEO with a constant desire to further their SEO knowledge
• Ability to speak Spanish, French, German, or Italian is a plus
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top