Senior Sales Manager, Japan
We are looking for a team player that enjoys developing and presenting advertising based revenue-generating idea/opportunity in answer to a marketing challenge or brief. Must be able to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed revenue targets. A communicator, listener, presenter and negotiator this candidate will demonstrate ease at dealing with Marketing Managers/Directors, Account Directors, Strategy Directors working both online and offline when needed.
· Work as an integral part of the TripAdvisor sales team to create and present strategic (and tactical) revenue initiatives and opportunities to a portfolio of advertising agencies and clients.
· Advertising agencies: Media, planning, account teams, PR, DM, creative. We aim to sell multi-level in order to establish multiple levels of contact by client.
· Use of face-to-face meetings, telephone and any other means to communicate value and unique power of the TripAdvisor brand.
· Interdependency: The ability to work with other teams. E.g. Operations and Planning, Marketing etc is paramount.
· Building better knowledge with an ability to be critical of own work - a desire to keep improving. Always on the lookout for information, developments and market news.
· Generate accurate and timely reports on sales activity and performance as required.
· Ability to drive towards the delivery of a sales goal
· Work in partnership with the APAC Sales Director to set quarterly and annual sales targets.
· Develop strategies to achieve Japan growth targets
· Aiding the process of hiring new sales personnel when necessary.
What we seek:
A team player that enjoys developing and presenting advertising based revenue-generating idea/opportunity in answer to a marketing challenge or brief. Must be able to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed revenue targets. A communicator, listener, presenter and negotiator this candidate will demonstrate ease at dealing with Marketing Managers/Directors, Account Directors, Strategy Directors working both online and offline when needed.
At least 10 years of media sales experience - the majority being in direct-outside sales meeting face-to-face with clients and advertising agencies. Premium placed on traditional media experience with large clients and their agencies.
University degree (or equivalent) required or real world experience in the communications industry.
Fluent in Business English and Japanese languages.
· Familiarity and knowledge of the Japan industry is essential.
· Knowledge of the travel industry is a bonus.
· An understanding of the media sales process including traditional media and/or online is required.
· Good computer knowledge of software programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Highly effective at verbal and written communication, including the delivery of presentations is essential for success in this role.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
• Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
• Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues
self- development; seeks feedback.
• Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense
Of corporate responsibility and commitment.
• Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
• Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledge mistakes, learn from those events and is able to move forward productively
• Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
• Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
• Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
• Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and
• Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of
each decision on the business
Back to top