Senior Sales Manager
Senior Sales Manager
Role: Permanent, full-time
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sales Manager to manage a high performing sales team. Business Development is tasked with engaging our prospects and positioning the Hotel Solutions portfolio so that TripAdvisor can gain new customers to expand our customer base and be the partner of choice for the hospitality industry.
S/he will lead a team of up to 10 Sales Executives in the Hotel Solutions organization within TripAdvisor to execute flawlessly and exceed on their revenue targets and KPIs. The position will influence the successful growth of our transactional business, extending to recruiting, training, coaching, motivating, forecasting, and pipeline management among others. This team focuses on new business opportunities with independent & boutique hotels throughout the EMEA region. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, results-driven and a programmatic manager that will coach and motivate the team to exceed their targets.
- Exceed Revenue targets and related KPIs on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned geographic territory – EMEA to achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Ensure optimal coverage of all territories at all times.
- Coaching approach on customer engagement skills such as negotiation, objection-handling and closing.
- Directly involved with Sales in supporting the progression and closure of key deals
- Efficiently and effectively handle a high volume of sales calls in a metrics-driven sales centre.
- Execute on weekly forecast and pipeline review governance model
- Work closely with other functions of the business such as Optimization, Continuity, Order Management, Customer Service and Analytics
- Work closely with marketing, sales programs and other teams to develop strategies for new geographies, products and value segments.
- Work to on-board new talent and improve the ramp time for full productivity
- Provide support to the team by handling customer call escalations; answering questions that the sales reps are not able to, and addressing customer service issues.
- Listen to phone calls throughout the day to improve performance and ensure Quality Assurance levels are met.
- Track and report on Key Performance Indicators.
- Hold team accountable and inspire them to achieve results.
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders quickly and effectively to resolve issues when they arise.
- Help to create a team environment that rewards achievement and makes individual want to come to work each day.
- Significantly grow the existing business by ensuring we have the best Business Development processes in place
- Extensive experience in a similar role in a B2B service environment with demonstrated consistent success in achieving targets
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and inspire a team and demonstrated ability to coach others to improve their performance in a call centre environment.
- Working knowledge of CRM for lead, contact, pipe, forecast management
- Ability to analyse data to improve sales effectiveness
- Familiarity with software licensing and policies and generating customer quotations is desired
- Strong organization/prioritisation skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong listening, probing, and phone skills
- Thoroughly familiar with the use of spreadsheets, word processors, and the web.
- Ability to work well both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top