Senior Sales Executive
TripAdvisor is the leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. We are a growing group of passionate professionals with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise. We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow the company's rapidly expanding CPM/display advertising business in Australia.
Work as an integral part of the TripAdvisor sales team to create and present strategic (and tactical) revenue initiatives and opportunities to a portfolio of advertising agencies and clients. Advertising agency stakeholders include media, planning, account teams, PR, DM, and creative. We aim to sell multi-level in order to establish multiple levels of contact by client.
The right person for this role will use face-to-face meetings, phone calls and any other means to communicate the value and unique power of the TripAdvisor brand.
Interdependency and the ability to work well with other teams such as Operations and Planning, Marketing is paramount in this role. The right person will also have strong desire for continuous improvement, building better industry knowledge, an ability to be critical of their own work, and always on the look-out for information, new developments and market news. This role also involves generating accurate and timely reports on sales activities and performance as required.
- A team player who enjoys developing and presenting an advertising-based, revenue-generating idea and/or opportunity in answer to a marketing challenge or brief.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- A communicator, listener, presenter and negotiator the right person for this role will have confidence in dealing with Marketing Managers/Directors, Account Directors, Strategy Directors working both online and offline when needed.
- At least 2-3 years of media sales experience - the majority being in direct-outside sales meetings, face-to-face with clients and advertising agencies. Premium placed on traditional media experience with large clients and their agencies.
- A University degree (or equivalent) required or real world experience in the communications industry.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the Australian communications industry is essential.
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a bonus.
- An understanding of the media sales process including traditional media and/or online is required.
- Good knowledge of software programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Highly effective at verbal and written communication, including the delivery of presentations is essential for success in this role.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top