TheFork's growing Product team seeks an experienced researcher to work directly on projects that impact the company's key initiatives. Research projects will range from exploratory to evaluative, from surveys to usability testing, for both Diners and Restaurateurs.
Partnering with the Product team, the Senior Researcher will be responsible for bringing the user experience (attitudes, opinions, and behaviors) into product development.
For this position, we are looking for a mixed-methods researcher wit h 3+ years of qualitative and quantitative research experi ence in a professional setting, and an understanding of survey design and basic survey analysis. Responsibilities include: conducting usability studies, designing and fielding surveys, designing click-tests/other fast forms of user feedback, and partnering with external research vendors.
The right candidate will be: experienced in qualitative methods such as in-depth interviewing and usability testing, experienced with designing surveys and basic survey analysis, passionate about research and food, and comfortable in a fast moving organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain a database of Diners and Restaurateurs who will be part of our core tester pool
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive toward TheFork's goals
- Define research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Design from scratch and conduct qualitative studies (usability studies, click-tests etc.), analyze data, and share findings
- Create and field surveys, analyze responses, and report findings
- Maintain ongoing research initiatives including projects with external research vendors
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, marketing, and product management leadership
- 3+ years of professional applied research experience
- Extensive experience with qualitative research methods
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present clear results
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Fluent in English. (Spanish and/or French is a plus)
Back to top